Thursday, December 20, 2012

52 Knits // Yarn Wreath

MBP_5084
Pattern: my own, inspiration found on pinterest
Yarn Used: Cascade Yarns Ecological Yarn(100% wool) left overs
Needles: -
Modifications: -

Note: I know, I know, technically this is not a knitted project but I'm counting it towards my 52 Knits anyway because it involves yarn. I originally planned on knitting the wreath first but I didn't find anything I liked on the internet but I fell in love with the simple, yarn wrapped wreaths that popped up all over the internet pinterest in the past weeks.

I don't know much yarn it took to cover the whole styrofoam wreath, but it took quite a while to cover the whole thing. I went through three The Office episodes until I had it all covered (for those of you who're not in the loop, that's 3x20minutes = one hour!). I didn't expect it to take that long but it was quite mediative ;)

Decorating the wrapped yarn was much more fun though! I attached pretty much everything with safety pins or knots, thus I can use the wreath again for the spring or fall or whatever.
MBP_5108
FIFTYTWOOOO
This is project #33 of 52

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 1314, 1516171819202122232425262728293031 and 32.

3 comments:

  1. It totally counts if yarn is used of course, you are using the stash and creating something pretty. I'm happy to see that you've been making more fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin's right!
    Love your creativity
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. And with the neutral yarn color you can change the decorations to fit the holiday. I love it. Thanks for visiting my random thoughts! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...