Pattern: Dovetail Cowl by Carina Spencer
Yarn Used:150grams of ONline Linie 310 Alpaca (100% Alpaca)
Needles: 4mm circular needles
Modifications: knitted the larger size; didn't knit the rolled edge.
Note: I've had this cowl in my queue for quite a while but I usually talk myself out of buying patterns because there are so many great free patterns out there. But after a successful exam I treated myself to a pattern. Those of you who follow me on instagram(@froggeddesigns) saw how little yarn I had left over after binding off - about 10 inches!!! Only having very little yarn left for the bind off always gives me an adrenaline rush - not something I look forward to at 2:15am!
Anyway, I managed to knit the whole thing with only three skeins and the result is wonderful. It's pretty stiff since it was knitted with rather small needles but it's perfect for windy days ;)
I can wrap the cowl around my neck three times(and ruining my hair) or two times and have a comfy, loose cowl. If I were to ever knit it again(unlikely since it's only a knit&purl pattern, hence it's pretty boring to knit...) I'd go up a needles size to get a 'fluffier' cowl :)
Anyway, I managed to knit the whole thing with only three skeins and the result is wonderful. It's pretty stiff since it was knitted with rather small needles but it's perfect for windy days ;)
I can wrap the cowl around my neck three times(and ruining my hair) or two times and have a comfy, loose cowl. If I were to ever knit it again(unlikely since it's only a knit&purl pattern, hence it's pretty boring to knit...) I'd go up a needles size to get a 'fluffier' cowl :)

This is project #32 of 52
As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.
See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31


Oh I'm the same way, I dislike buying patterns too (unless a blogging friend designed it, that's a different story). That turned out beautiful, definitely worth the extra money. Are you one of those lucky people who look amazing in purple? If so, I envy you!
ReplyDelete