
Pattern: Juneberry Triangle by Jared Flood
Yarn Used: 250 grams of OnLine Linie 310 Alpaca (100% Alpaca)
Needles: 5mm circular needles
Modifications: none :)
Note: I'm having a love/hate relationship with this pattern. The first Juneberry I knitted at the beginning of the year was for my mom. I loved knitting it until I got to the knitted-on edge. Oh man, if it wasn't for Grey's Anatomy I would've never finished it. Anyway, half a year later, I keep seeing my mom wearing the shawl and every time I saw/borrowed it I thought "why not make another one for yourself?". After all, spending $ on a knitting pattern has to be worth it, right? One of our local yarn stores closes :( so they had some awesome sales. When I saw this alpaca yarn I knew right away that it was finally time for another Juneberry!
It took me about a week to knit this. The first charts knitted up fairly quickly, although I did some dumb mistakes at the beginning due to fatigue. But I powered through till the knitted-on edge in only three evenings. Then another 5 or so days of cursing and swearing to never ever knit this pattern again while struggling with the edge that seemed to take f o r e v e r.
Two weeks later, and I'm already dreaming of another Juneberry in a deep blue or velvet red color. Oh my, remind me of how much I struggled with the edge next time I'm thinking about buying yarn for a Juneberry. Although it probably won't change my mind since the pattern is so beautiful. And a shawl made out of worsted weight alpaca yarn is very warm and cozy! Sigh...


It took me about a week to knit this. The first charts knitted up fairly quickly, although I did some dumb mistakes at the beginning due to fatigue. But I powered through till the knitted-on edge in only three evenings. Then another 5 or so days of cursing and swearing to never ever knit this pattern again while struggling with the edge that seemed to take f o r e v e r.
Two weeks later, and I'm already dreaming of another Juneberry in a deep blue or velvet red color. Oh my, remind me of how much I struggled with the edge next time I'm thinking about buying yarn for a Juneberry. Although it probably won't change my mind since the pattern is so beautiful. And a shawl made out of worsted weight alpaca yarn is very warm and cozy! Sigh...



This is project #29 of 52
As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.
See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28
Oh wow, I love the edging! I know that in the moment it was probably pretty frustrating to knit, but it certainly paid off. I definitely think that it would look great in a nice red.
ReplyDelete