Saturday, December 15, 2012

Little Forest Quilt

MBP_5071
Remember how I started sewing a Christmas wall hanging back in October? Uhm, well, I finished it. Yesterday. I put off sewing the binding on by hand forever because it's not much fun. Especially not if you don't have a thimble that fits and you keep hurting your finger with the needle. And then the white/green quilt gets some red spots...

Anyway, I finished it! YAY! And it looks lovely. I hung it up in the hallway. The lighting there is terrible so excuse the awful photos.
If you wanna make a little forest quilt I highly recommend the tutorial. It's well written and the result is awesome.
MBP_5067
I quilting is very minimalistic - just stitching in the ditch. It didn't turn out perfectly because the quilting foot I used that was supposed to guide the quilting right into the seam didn't really work properly. I don't complain about my sewing machine because it's awesome and I love it's pretty much impossible to see where you're quilting with the foot. I changed to the regular sewing foot after two lines and quilted the rest myself, as in without any guide on where to quilt.
MBP_5055
For the back I used some old sheets I found in my parent's basement. Having a mom who collects vintage sheets is awesome :)

3 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty project! Props to you for continuing to work on it even though it was a little tedious. I also love that you use recycled materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what I'm sewing these days... :-D But I won't make a wall hanging, but placemats for x-mas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I really like this! So simple and pretty - exactly what I like!
    And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...