Wednesday, November 14, 2012

52 Knits // owl dishcloth

MBP_3148

Pattern: Owl Dishcloth  by Mamafari
Yarn Used: 34 grams of a yarn (100% cotton) I found in my mom's stash
Needles: 3.5mm DPNs
Modifications: added 4 rows of garter stitch to the bottom and top, added 4 garter stitches to the beginning and end of each row.

Note: The very first dishcloth I knitted. Quick just for fun project and great to use up some of the cotton yarn that has been in my stash for years. It's pretty cliché to knit a dishcloth but oh well, I wanted to get rid off some of my cotton stash. Turns out crochet flowers aren't very good 'stash busters'!

Photographing this was quite a challenge but I hope you can see that there's an owl sitting on a branch and the moon and a couple of stars? It's easier to see in 'real life' ;) 

FIFTYTWOOOO
This is project #25 of 52

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 1314, 151617181920212223 and 24

2 comments:

  1. Amazing first dishcloth, I can definitely see the owl! I stick to such large loops in crochet I rarely do anything so intricate (if ever!)

    Cute blog, I am a new follower! Love your photography and of course any post with a cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Angela! I love your etsy Christmas gift guide. I wish international shipping was cheaper though... sigh!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...