Pattern: Fuzzy Mitten Lamb by Barbara Prime
Yarn Used: Garnstudio Drops Alpaca Bouclé (23 grams), some dark grey yarn from my stash
Needles: 4mm DPNs
Modifications: none
Note: When I saw this pattern on revelry a couple years ago I put it on the top of my queue. Turns out finding the right kind of yarn for this wasn't easy. When I saw this super fluffy Bouclé yarn in Denmark I knew that it would finally be time to knit the lamb! Well, the 'lamb' turns out not really looking like a lamb. The ears look rather like bear ears and even stretching and pulling them to make them longer/more lamb-like didn't work out. I might take them off and knit new ears but for now I'm just glad that it's done. I'm not a fan of knitting with only 6 stitches spread on 3 needles.
I feel like these 'little projects' take up much more time than e.g. knitting a hat, simply because knitting with few stitches is a real hassle for me. Oh well, it's done and I like it. The yarn is super soft and I'm thinking about making a little sweater for her[I decided she's a girl cause her face looks feminine... or at least I imagine it to look feminine.]

This is project #22 of 52
As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.
See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21


Sooo cute! You picked the absolute perfect yarn for her too, it has a wonderful texture, I can imagine it is very soft.
ReplyDelete