Sunday, November 4, 2012

sewing with a cat around and patchwork coasters

Yesterday evening, I decided to make some coasters that I had planned to make for months. So I grab a couple of fabrics from my very small stash(aka fabrics I 'borrowed' from my mom) and decided I needed some tea before I could get started. When I got back, I found this:
MBP_3026
Lina pretending to be asleep. I was only gone for 4-5minutes... no cat can wake up, walk/climb across the room to my desk, find a comfortable sleeping spot and fall asleep deeply within that time period, right?!
MBP_3024
She looked at me curiously/suspiciously as to what I was up to when I came closer to her to remove her from my fabrics. After all, I put the fabrics there to cut them, not for her to have a new place to sleep.
MBP_3012
When I attempted to move her she gave me the meanest look she has, signaling that there's no way she'd give up her new sleeping spot without a fight. I was the one who gave in(of course... she's probably the most stubborn cat I know) and postponed my sewing session to today. Here's what I made:
MBP_3040
Log cabin coasters! In the beginning, I tried to figure out which size to make on my own. The very first quilt(/wall hanging) I made was a log cabin so it's a pattern I'm familiar with. Although that was like 17 years ago... I ended up being too lazy to do the math on my own and googled it. Sure enough there was a pattern just the way I had imagined them to be so I used the measurements from here. I made two different sets of 4 because I couldn't decide on just four different fabrics. The cute sheep fabric in the center is a Japanese fabric my mom got in a scraps bag. The second center fabric is a Kaffe Fassett design that was a gift from a friend. I love how bright and colorful it is and since the coasters are reversible, I can use the back and have 8 similar coasters for big parties :)
MBP_3032 MBP_3045 MBP_3067 MBP_3050 MBP_3081
ps: I made those vanilla cookies a couple days ago and they're sooo yummy. I seriously can't wait for December when it's legitimate to bake/eat cookies and chocolate every day :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, those are so so cute! Wonderful work. That is the most frightening look I've ever seen a cat have, I wouldn't have moved her either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...