Saturday, October 20, 2012

52 Knits // Mousyphant

MBP_2675


Yarn Used: scrap yarns
Needles: 4mm DPNs
Modifications: elongated the trunk and braided a very long tail for the cat to play with.

Note: This was supposed to be a quick in-between knit because my cat Lina doesn't seem interested in any of her current toys so I thought I'd give her something new to play with. My 'elephant' has the body and tail of a mouse - so it's a mousyphant :)

It was a quick knit (knitting time was about an hour while catching up on Grey's Anatomy, but figuring out how to sew the ears together took me about half an hour. I finally gave up and forced politely asked my mom to take care of them.) so I got carried away when I knitted the body and trunk. They turned out  too long but Lina likes the mousyphant anyway.


MBP_2679 MBP_2685 MBP_2701 FIFTYTWOOOOThis is project #19 of 52

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 1314, 151617 and 18

6 comments:

  1. I had to do a double-take yet again because your kitty looks so much like mine! Hopefully she will love that toy, but knowing most cats she will prefer a paper bag. But it is very cute to us humans! Also I thought Gray's was over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, she does prefer paper bags, yarn and washi tape. But I got her to play with the mousyphant once or twice :) And it was fun to knit, so I definitely recommend making one ;)
      The new season started a couple weeks ago... it's pretty weird since they're spread across the country but it's still nice to spend an evening in bed watching Gray's :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, so cute! I've never knit or croheted a toy for my (very chewy) little dog..tempted now. Although he will probably dismember it in two seconds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I guess it depends on the size of your dog? My cat can get quite destructive when playing but so far the mousyphant survived :)

      Delete
  3. This is so adorable! I haven't tried making any cat toys for my little guys yet (they're currently obsessed with hair elastics, of all things) but they miiiiiiight need a catnip mousyphant just so I have an excuse to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's so much fun to make, you get to use up some of your scrap yarns and your cats will love it! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...