
I am proud to announce that I'm the owner of this beautiful KitchenAid. But let me start at the beginning.
It all started about 13 years ago when my parents purchased a KitchenAid. Back then I didn't quite grasp the extent to which it would change my life; the endless hours of pure joy we'd spend together; the endless possibilities it'd offer. About 6 years ago I started to comprehend what a KitchenAid was capable off and I swore I'd never buy any other stand mixer.
Fast forward to the end of May 2012 when I'm about to move into my own apartment and try to make deals with my mom to borrow the KitchenAid mixer whenever she's not home (without any success.). I dragged my mom into a store to marvel at all the gorgeous colors(ours is a muddy green). And there it was - the PINK beauty(the official name is "raspberry ice"<3) at an awesome price(well, the price was pretty steep but it came with another bowl and the food grinder and etc.).
Two days later I got a job offer(more about that in another post...) and my parents lent me the money to buy it before the great deal ends. I've been dreaming of this moment for years!
I couldn't be more excited and I'm seriously thinking about painting the kitchen to match my KitchenAid. Would taking a stand mixer into a hardware store to get the right paint be weird? Color charts are pretty rare in Germany :(
The color looks pretty different in real life; I'll take better pictures when there's daylight :)
it's gorgeous!! i'm so jealous... i can't wait to get mine :)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous too. I'm left behind with my muddy green gray 13 year old KitchenAid and worse, without my baking chef.
ReplyDeletehe he - she's so pretty! My mom has one (and I have to say, I *love* the colors they come in!), but I've never actually used it - I'm pretty impressed that it helps her make her homemade pasta with a special attachment, though...one day maybe I'll get one, too? Have fun with her!
ReplyDelete