Monday, June 18, 2012

52 Knits // Holden Shawlette

Untitled Pattern: Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes
Yarn Used: 0.8 skein Regia hand dye effect sock yarn (70% wool, 25% nylon, 5% acrylic)
Needles: 4.5mm circular needles
Modifications: used a stretchy bind off instead of the picot bind off the pattern called for.

Note: Very simple boring shawl to knit. The pattern was very easy to follow but also rather dull. If I were to knit this shawl again, I'd start the lace pattern earlier because I'm not too fond of the garter stitch part. I like the colors of the yarn but there were many knots in it. Not too happy about the quality!

Untitled ))))
FIFTYTWOOOOThis is project #14 of 52


As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.


See knits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1112 and 13

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's over! :-D
    What will you knit tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...this is lovely! :) I've been weaseling away repeating my knit stitch over and over (my mom taught me a few weeks ago!). I can't wait til I get to make leg warmers or something...lol. Any good patterns for beginners you would suggest? I'm still getting purl down, too. Alllmost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, once you know how to knit and purl it's very easy and intuitive to learn all the other stitches, because most of them are just variations of k & p :)
      Have you checked revelry for patterns? You can browse through thousands of patterns and you can sort them by skill level :)
      A friend of mine knitted these as her first pattern:
      http://a-friend-to-knit-with.blogspot.de/2008/09/toasttoasty.html
      or maybe the "Turn A Square Hat" by Jared Flood?

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...