Something I love about living in Vancouver? You wake up and it looks like a cloudy, gray and rainy day but when you get out of class the sun is shining and the sky is blue and you're wondering how the weather can change completely within only 50 minutes. Yesterday was one of those days and I took a couple of pictures (yes, they were all taken on the same day.)
I usually go with my waterproof Timberland boots because they are the obvious choice most of the days but after lunch break I decided to switch them for my new Toms (seriously, I've been dreaming about wearing Toms for yeeears. But since they are overpriced in Germany (and Canada) and they never seem to be on sale purchasing them for $60+ was never an option. But when they had a sale last week I couldn't resist...shoe addict?!). Needless to say, 30 minutes later it was pouring rain and my feet were completely soaked. I guess the shoes have to get used to getting wet...
Although it's way too cold to talk about spring here, I found some hidden flowers on campus. Several friends asked me where I took the pictures because they didn't see any flowers on campus. Hah, guess you have to take a very close look to find them :)
I used to think of rain as something dreadful but after living in the Great North West for only half a year I got used to it and kind of missed it after one week of sunny California weather. Living here really makes you appreciate the warm and sunny days :) And Vancouver wouldn't be such an incredibly green city if it wasn't for all the rain.
Last but not least some awkward self portraits (I didn't take that scarf off since I got it... literally). I love my new $6 umbrella that I got at Target in Santa Barbara (why do they even sell umbrellas?! I guess only tourists buy them because they're cheaper than in places where you actually need them haha) and I finally got a UBC hoodie (although it was on sale, it was still overpriced. But it's sooo comfy!)
Anyways, hope you have a great weekend!
Lots of knitting time for me and hopefully some more sunshine so I can take some 'tourist pictures' in Vancouver
















Deine vielen neuen Bilder sind ein Augenschmaus und ich weiß jetzt, dass auch in Vancouver der Frühling nicht nur in den Herzen ist :)
ReplyDeleteWish you a wonderful Weekend!
apaP knarF
he he....hasn't the weather been crazy?? I walked home from the thrift shop yesterday and in 30 minutes it was sunny, rained/hailed, stopped and was sunny, and then hailed again! lol. So weird. I hope you get to stay for a bit of the summer (or that it comes early!), because it's just to-die-for!! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely pictures! I love that one of a cup of tea!
ReplyDeletewww.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com
Looks like a fun day! Runaway Thrift is having a giveaway through March 29th, check us out!
ReplyDelete