Monday, October 10, 2011

Wreck Beach

Me


My friend Katja and I went to Wreck Beach to capture the sunset. We've been planning to go there for quite a while but today was the first day that wasn't cloudy. We grabbed our cameras and headed down there. It's really nice to have a beach on campus that's only a ten minute walk away.


Wreck Beach


Unfortunately, there are 374 stairs between the lovely beach and the street. The stairs really wear me down everytime I go there. But I guess it's a good exercise.


So cute!


We weren't the only ones who came to watch the sunset. This cute sea gull stayed there for about 5 minutes and enjoyed the view. Adorable!


Wreck Beach Texture


There are always people at Wrack Beach so it's really hard to get a shot without people in it. But I really liked the texture of the drift wood!


Texture


Also, the drift wood is perfect for taking interesting shoe pictures.


the obligatoire shoe picture


And a silly portrait I took of Katja :)


A picture of a picture taker


And I started to teach her how my camera works so she can take pictures of me from time to time. Hopefully there won't be many awkward self-portraits in the future anymore.


and another portrait


I hope you had a great weekend and happy thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers! I'll edit some photos I took in Victoria and blog about our adventures in BC's capital tomorrow :)



2 comments:

  1. he he - I went there for the first time at the end of August, and I was totally surprised by the amount of stairs, there! lol. Sooo many. Also, I refuse to go in the summer when it becomes a nudie beach, so those grey days are the only time I've seen it - but it's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I went running yesterday morning with a friend and we had the stupid idea of going down there and up again as a workout - baaad idea. Way worse than 30 minutes of running :D And I agree, seeing a bunch of old men naked isn't what I wanna see when I go to the beach - unfortunately many Canadians don't seem to mind the cold because there were still a couple of people who took their clothes off - although it's FREEZING cold! Well, by November even the people who still wear shorts and flip flops should realize that it's winter and too cold to take off your clothes :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...