Hey there and a (very, very late) happy New Year 2014!
It's that time of the year again when school takes up 95% of my 'free time'. I'm usually stuck on campus until 8pm these days so taking daylight photos is impossible. Yesterday I finally managed to take pictures of the remaining 52 craft projects. Most of the last ten projects are dear to my heart so instead of cramming them all into one post I decided to schedule posts and share one or two with you each day. So you get to enjoy looking at my craft projects while I'm spending every minute of my day trying to learn about the German corporate taxation system, Spanish vocabularies and marketing strategies. Sounds fun, right?
My family has had an iPad for almost two years and it took me 1.5 years to finally sew a proper iPad sleeve for it. We've had the magnetic Apple cover thingy since the beginning but this quilted sleeve is definitely an improvement.
I used this tutorial because I was too lazy to come up with the measurements myself. The tutorial is great but I'm not a fan of the 'floppy look' of the velcro. If I ever make another one I'll skip the interfacing and quilting on the flap and just use regular kam snaps. Or buttons. But that's just a personal preference.
The iPad including the smart cover fit into the cover with still some room. 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller would've also been fine. The outer fabric is one of my favorite echino fabrics and the lining is a pink polka dot patchwork fabric I got on sale last summer. You can't ever go wrong with polka dots, right?
This is project #43 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.
Another wonderful finish. I haven't seen that fabric line in the shops in this area, but I love it. The pink polka dots look great with it.
ReplyDeleteI avoid Velcro whenever I can because it quickly loses its usefulness, is noisy, and lint, threads, etc. often get trapped in the "hook" segment.
Being in classrooms all day and part of the night certainly takes a bite out of your crafting and your life, but the term will be over before you know it.
The sleeve turned out lovely! Great fabric choice! Bummer about being in school all day long. I know that can be tiring. Glad to see you still have time to create things though. Happy New Years to you too!
ReplyDelete