
The picture above shows the usual state of my desk - a (creative?) mess. I usually clean my room/purge my school supplies before uni starts. My classes start in two weeks so I guess it's about time to get organized again...

This is an overview of my 'craft space'. You could also say that it's my entire room because the only two corners you can't see in the picture accomondate my bed and closet (which is also mainly filled with craft supplies... not to mention the bags full of old clothes for sewing projects underneath my bed...). So basically my craft stuff has taken over my entire room. Which I don't mind at all...
I love this shelf/desk combination from ikea. The table's leg broke off due to a little kitty incident so I got the alex drawer unit instead. I love it because it holds so much stuff, the quality is great (made in Germany - yay!) and it's much more convenient than the original leg.
The drawers hold all my craft supplies that have to be kitty safe like my knitting needles, my pin cushion, sharp scissors, glue, etc. It also holds all my craft books, my camera gear, cat food, paperwork, etc. On top there are my rulers, steam iron, yarn for wips and the white wooden box hosts the yarn for my upcoming projects. The desk is my sewing and cutting table, as well as one of Lina's favorite spots to hang out.

I got the two tealight holders at a thrift store in Denmarkt. I love them! I filled them with tiny scrap yarn balls :)
My second desk hosts laptop, printer, wips, school stuff, etc.

All the clear boxes underneath/next to my desk are samla boxes from ikea. They hold scrapbooking stuff, fabric scraps, Christmas gifts, and all kinds of little bits and pieces I collect. I use this desk for homework and studying, scrapbooking and everything I do at my laptop. This is also the corner where my current knitting projects are stored so I can knit while watching a movie/tv series online.
The calendar is from here. My printer is usually barely visible because I stack all my school stuff on it. I reeeeally need to get a shelf to put all my books and binders for uni.

This chair is my favorite 'reading corner'. Nowadays 90% of the things I read are for school but it's still a fun place to be. I usually turn the chair around so I can put my feet on the radiator and watch the birds and squirrels outside. Unfortunately Lina also thinks that it's a nice place to relax. She often occupies the chair so I have to sit on the window sill... spoiled kitty.

[This is her typical face when she's afraid I might be thinking about stealing her sleeping spot.]


That's the view Lina is enjoying right now. My mom had a couple of trees cut down(no worries, they were conifers that weren't native species and took lots of sunlight because they were huuuge. We're planning to plant more apple trees and a plum tree.) so that explains the big brown spot. It also revealed the rather unlovely patio of the apartment underneath. I'll probably yarn bomb the rain gutter so I have a more colorful view during the winter months.
It goes without saying that my craft space won't stay as clean as it is in the pictures above for more than half an hour; as soon as I make something the creative chaos will be back... ;)
Have you shared pictures of your studio/craft space? Please share a link - I'd love to see them!
Haha you don't want to see my space, it's a mess. But I love your's, its so light and airy - I can see how how you are able to do so much there!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lisa, my crafting space is a disaster and scattered throughout the house. Yikes, I have knitting nests near every chair.
ReplyDeleteThe storage spaces you have are wonderful - the nearest Ikea is over 300 miles away, and I have no way of hauling any purchases that I might make. Sigh!
Wow, do I love the tea lights you found at the thrift shop and how you've used them - you have an artist's eye.
it looks lovely! it always feels so good to get things organized, doesn't it?
ReplyDeletei don't have an area dedicated to craft or work... honestly, i'm not sure where i'd carve one out.
Wow this looks so cozy! Especially loving that chair. My craft supplies are not quite so organised, I have a big basket of yarn in the corner that my flatmate's cat occasionally helps herself to. When I was putting on my shoes yesterday there was a ball of yarn in there that she must have played with, sneaky cat.
ReplyDelete