Monday, October 28, 2013

baking days // feeling blue

MBP_3855
I was asked to make blue muffins for our model united nations society info meeting tonight. First I wanted to make blueberry muffins and dye the dough blue but then I decided to make rocher-chocolate muffins topped with dyed coconut flakes.
MBP_3819
A friend came over to help me bake them and we've had a great time. Whenever I use food dyes it reminds me of a kid's birthday party. Dying the coconut flakes was super easy; first we tried to put them in a ziplock bag and shake it well but that didn't work at all. Thankfully my rookie Julia is a paramedic so we always have a big box of disposable gloves. We ended up mixing the coconut flakes and the food dye in a small mixing bowl. It worked great and thanks to the gloves out hands don't look like we're auditioning for the Blue Man Group ;)
MBP_3837
We added tiny flags with our club's name (MUNSG = model united nations society Göttingen) to add a fun little detail. Beside the blue coconut flakes, of course…

This was a fun little project (it took us about an hour, including cleaning up our colorful mess) and hopefully our new(& current!) members will like them. Next challenge will be transporting them to campus… on my bike. We'll see how many coconut flakes will be left by the time I get there ;)

2 comments:

  1. I remember dyeing coconut green for grass on an Easter cake. Thanks for the memories. I hope you were able to transport the muffins without any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute ! I am glad you had a fun time making them, I hope you have just as much fun eating them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...