Friday, October 18, 2013

52 craft projects // hedera socks

MBP_3585 MBP_3590 MBP_3595
I started these socks a while ago (sometime this summer...) but I didn't work on them for a couple of weeks and then I was too lazy to look up the lace pattern again so they ended up being a wip for way too long. I finally finished them yesterday when I had 8 hours of undisturbed knitting time on my way to Hamburg and back. Yay for awfully long train rides!
I'm not sure whether the socks just need blocking or whether the yarn wasn't the perfect choice for the pattern yet; they look kind of 'blah'?
The next socks I'm gonna knit will be with cables rather than a lace pattern - I think that's more my style. Also winter is coming so a pair of cabled socks can't hurt :)
Any pattern recommendations?
MBP_3602
As always, check the ravelry project page for yarn information etc.
52craftprojects2013This is project #27 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.

10 comments:

  1. They look just right for autumn :) Check out some of Rachel Coopey's patterns? And I always love Cookie.a's designs, I've done Hedera and loads of Monkey socks among others, her BFF socks might be good? One of the free knitty designs - they have a great archive of sock patterns. I like Stephanie van der Linden's designs too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome tips, Stephanie! I've had the bff socks on my to-knit list for an eternity - I might give them a try! But there are also some super thick BT socks that I'm craving...

      Delete
  2. Wonderful socks. I need to knit some socks all mine are thread bare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I started knitting socks like 4 years ago and my first ones are pretty much completely worn out already. I have to admit that I wear hand knitted socks pretty much every day but I'm still bummed that my first projects are falling apart already...

      Delete
  3. They look beautiful! I think the natural look of the yarn you chose complements the pattern very well--interesting but not competing with the subtle lacework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's some very clever knitting! I've always been too nervous to try to knit socks, I'd love to try though
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, Helen! It's the perfect on-the-go knitting project and it's not complicated at all :)

      Delete
    2. You should give it a try, it's great fun and they are so cosy and comfy to wear

      Delete
  5. That pattern is seriously perfect for those socks, you did a very lovely job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are lovely. For warmth, I rarely knit anything other than plain stockinette socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...