Saturday, October 12, 2013

52 craft projects // Christmas knitting project bags

MBP_3402
Yesterday I made these two project bags to hide the Christmas presents that I'll be knitting this year. I have a list of about 8 projects for the next two months; including a cardigan for my dad! Wish me luck finishing all Christmas gifts in time this year... and maaaybe even squeeze in another warm winter sweater for myself :)
Anyways, my mom and I both got the red sock monkey fabric in the summer at a bargain price. When we bought it we decided to make cute project bags to hide our wip Christmas presents. Yesterday we finally found the time and energy to make these and I love them!
MBP_3415 MBP_3410
The small green bag is perfect for hats, small shawls, mittens, etc. It has many interior pockets because I'm a pocket addict the red was too dark as a lining fabric; I had to add a white dotted fabric to brighten things up, right?
I used a linen fabric for the bottom and a heavy interfacing to get a sturdy bag. My mom kindly offered to quilt some straight lines in between the sock monkeys because I would've been too lazy to do it. She's the best, I know!
MBP_3426 MBP_3418
The red bag is slightly bigger - perfect for scarfs, shawls, etc.
I only added three interior pockets because that was all that was left from the fabric. I'm really glad I added a light fabric to the inside otherwise it would be too red for my taste ;)
MBP_3473
These project bags will make it even more fun to knit Christmas presents this year - I can't wait to get started!

Where do you hide Christmas presents that are in the making?

resources
sock monkey fabric: Erin Michael's 'Santa's Little Helpfers' collection // Volksafaden, Berlin
green stripes fabric: Westfalenstoffe 'Junge Linie' collection // available here
red lining: ikea 'ditte'
all other fabrics: from my mom's stash :)
FD labels: namensbaender
52craftprojects2013This is project #26 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen the sock monkey fabric in quilt shops and couldn't imagine how to use it, but I love the idea of project bags. Your bags are fun and bright and perfect for containing secret knitting projects. Good choice to use the lighter fabric inside for pockets. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the advantage of not living with anyone I make gifts for, but I just always make sure not to work on them in the proximity of the recipient. I love these bags btw, they are super duper cute ! You are so gifted at these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the last time I visited you blog post, I'm more interested in thinking about new things and also implementing them for real. Not so perfect, but still I'm trying to make handbags by myself. I'm liking that you have a nice blog post for cute designer handbags. For last two weeks I'm trying to make paper handbags, I'll surely share the design with you once it will be finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...