
Knitting a cardigan using lace weight yarn sounds kind of crazy, right? Well I think so, too, but I've had this lace weight yarn laying around at home for over a year. And quite frankly, it was way too expensive to stay hidden in my yarn stash.
It's very lightweight, small and mostly stockinette stitch which made it a perfect 'on the go' knitting project.

I have to admit that I wasn't very good at following the pattern. I ended up doing lots of mods, mostly because I never had the pattern with me when I needed it.
There are some useful information and more pictures on my ravelry project page.
Too bad I finished it just in time for fall - looks like it won't get much wear until next summer.

This is project #22 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.
A lovely cardi: the lace-weight gives it such a nice drape. The color is perfect for you. Nice job!
ReplyDeletethat yarn is beautiful! what amazing colors! i agree with nancy - the weight of the yarn is perfect for the style. what a cute cardigan.
ReplyDeleteOh Marie!! It is stunning! I love the yarn. I would love to make something like this but i'm not sure I would have the stamina to complete it. It looks great on you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a super lovely cardigan. I hope you wear it all the time :)
ReplyDeleteDas sieht ja richtig toll aus!! Wahnsinn. Bis jetzt stricke ich lediglich einen Schal nach dem anderen. Ich hoffe, dass ich irgendwann auch mal einen Pulli oder ähnliches stricken kann. Dazu muss ich mir irgendwo mal eine gute Anleitung besorgen. Denn alles was über rechte Maschen und linke Maschen hinaus geht, ist mir noch nicht so ganz geheuer.
ReplyDeleteAndrea
Danke, Andrea!
DeleteIch kann dir Brooklyn Tweed Anleitungen sehr empfehlen, wenn du gut Englisch lesen kannst. Die sind sehr gut erklärt und es gibt immer ausführliche Erklärungen zu Techniken und zur Konstruktion des Kleidungsstückes etc.
Im Prinzip sind die 'komplizierten' Stricktechniken nur Abwandlungen von rechten und linken Maschen - ich bin mir sicher, dass du ohne große Probleme andere Accessoires und sogar Kleidungsstücke stricken könntest :)
Englisch ist kein Problem. Danke für den Tipp, dann werde ich mir das mal anschauen.
DeleteUnd hoffe, dass es wirklich so "einfach" ist :)
Grüsse, Andrea
Oh it fits you perfectly, absolutely perfectly. The color particularly fits you well (but also I think you are one of those lucky people who can pull off all colors). Such a super knitter!
ReplyDelete