
I'm back from a two-week vacation to the land of the sheep and lighthouses - also known as Denmark. The lighthouse pictured above is called Rubjerg Knude. It's been mostly covered by shifting sands for the past years and it attracts lots of tourists every year. To get to the lighthouse and the dunes you have to walk for about 15 minutes. On the way to the lighthouse we found some sheep. Should I mention that we didn't actually make it to the lighthouse because we considered the sheep to be more interesting?

We spent quite a while watching and photographing the sheep. There was a huge variety of sheep in all different colors and with different furs; not to mention all the different characters.

Watching sheep always reminds me of 2nd grade. My elementary school class had 'adopted' two sheep that were in the school yard. We would feed them and take walks with them across the yard. They were definitely responsible for my love of wooly animals and all things fiber related.
This particular lamb reminds me of alpacas - doesn't it have the same cute, friendly look as alpacas usually have?
We have an alpaca farm on an island nearby (well, an couple hours away) and i love watching them and photographing them. They are so cute! I love your photos.
ReplyDeleteThose she are adorable. Especially the baby ones. I hope you had a lovely time in Denmark. It's on my list of places to go. Right now I am dreaming of going back to Europe! If only a flight wasn't so expensive.
ReplyDelete