Tuesday, June 25, 2013

oh hey

MBP_0665
Just checking in to say hey. Life has been pretty crazy lately with tons of assignments to do and finals to prepare for... only two weeks till my first final! I'm officially back to my '6 hours of sleep and lots of coffee' finals mode. But hey, only six more weeks until the term is over and I'll have two months off. Yay!!
Lina looks pretty much as exhausted as I feel right now. Not to mention that I had a crazy idea of sewing a quilt in between this whole study madness - you know, after finishing my dress I needed a new big project to work on. So I have a finished quilt top laying around that still needs a border but it seems to be impossible to find a matching white fabric. How difficult can it be to buy a solid white fabric? Apparently pretty difficult considering there only seems to exist 'white white' or 'yellowish white' fabric in Germany. Sigh. But I have two more local fabric stores to check before I start buying random white solids online hoping at least one of them matches my quilt.

In other news, I have a new roomie!!
Her name is Julia and she is the cutest. I have the feeling that we'll be getting into lots of mischief together. I'll introduce her proper on le blog when a) I have taken a picture of her and b) I have confessed that I'm one of those crazy bloggers who reveals some parts of her life online. So far she's handled my craziness (as in crazy cat lady, sewing addict AND funny knitter who regularly meets up with people twice my age and thinks it's normal to call them friends) just fine and even mentioned she'd love to learn how to knit. She's seriously awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you found the perfect roommate - Julia sounds like a real delight. I look forward to "meeting" her and hearing about the mischief that the two of you unearth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your finals! we don't call them finals, just exams, but I like the finality of the term!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with being as blogger/knitter/sewer, and I have older friends as well at my knit nights! I love Lina, so so so much. I just want to hug her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lina looks a lot like how I feel today too! Good luck on your finals, and I look forward to hearing more about your new roommate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...