Sunday, June 16, 2013

52 craft projects // endless light dress

MBP_0639
Guess what??
I finished my still light tunic!!!
After what feels like an eternity(hence the name), I finally got the dress off the needles. I couldn't be happier with the result!
MBP_0652 MBP_0656
You can find all the useful information on the ravelry project page. Thank you for all the encouraging words over the past two months. I don't think I would've finished it without your support!

Please excuse the pictures. I took the pictures in my roomie's empty room (my new roomie Julia will move in on Monday. Yay!) and I had a cat constantly walk through the pictures and giving me the look. As in 'what is this crazy human up to now?'. She wasn't very happy to be in the picture. Oh well, that's what you get for judging other people.

(Have I mentioned that my neighbor was watching me, too? He was standing by his window with a cup in his hand and probably had the best timer ever. What a delightful Sunday morning.)
MBP_0643
Last but not least, here are the outtakes:
MBP_0632 MBP_0651
MBP_0647
Outfit details: dress: still light tunic pattern // belt: thrifted // teacup earrings: made by me // tights: h&m // clogs: sanita // book necklace: nicopapergoods
52craftprojects2013This is project #16 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.

11 comments:

  1. It was definitely worth the effort to knit countless hours on this nice dress. I love the color and the fitting is excellent.
    And if you decide one day to get rid of it you know where you will find me.:)
    Nice shooting too. I bet the neighbor had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is gorgeous. One of the nicer knitted dresses I've seen. So inspirational! You've given me the urge to cast on though I don't know if I can manage for this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya! It's a very easy knit and pretty fast, considering it's a dress and rather thin yarn. I could'Ve easily finished it within a month if I had had more time at home (in the end it's pretty bulky and not a very good 'on the go knit'). I'm sure you could easily finish it in time to wear it in the fall/winter :) if not there'll always be a next winter... ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I have never had the urge to knit a dress, but now maybe, just maybe. That dress looks perfect on you and is simply stunning. Such a nice knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I had quite some prejudges when I started (I've never seen a (hand)knitted dress that I liked) but the pattern looked too cute to pass. I don't regret it at all!! The minute I finished the bind off I started dreaming of it in other colors.... a nice gray and a blue version would be nice. But I'm forcing myself to use some of my stash yarn before I buy more. Three big boxes full of yarn is a little out of control considering I live in a smallish student apartment.

      Delete
  4. The dress is adorable on you; wear it with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you were able to finish this - it would have been so tragic if you had lost your knitting bag forever! I've also been a little skeptical about knitted dresses and skirts, but I'm seeing more and more patterns that really work well.

    Your cat's expression is priceless. Serves her right for judging indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah you look so gorgeous! It suits you so well, it was definitely worth the time and effort. The little pockets make it even better! Of course it wouldn't be a complete post without pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and the dress look absolutely beautiful. The color is so great on you. What satisfaction you must have from finishing it. Can't wait to see what you are knitting up next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a stunning dress, and an equally stunning model. I wish I had the motivation to complete such a task, I think you've given me a motivation boost! Yay knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. I love the color. And, pockets!! I love pockets on dresses and skirts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...