Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gangnam Style

MBP_0413
MBP_0420
MBP_0424 MBP_0431 MBP_0427 MBP_0433

My friend Hyunji organized a 'Korean evening' last week. There were tons of interesting information on the Korean culture(including a Gangnam Style tutorial), the current political situation, studying abroad and of course lots of delicious food. Hyunji wore traditional clothes and we've all had a great time.
The following day, we met at her place to cook butter rice together. Or rather my friend Alina and I watched Hyunji cook and asked her millions of random questions on Korean food. I really need to buy a Korean cookbook so I can make tasty stuff like this at home. My new roomie's mom is Korean, too - so I hope that Julia inherited some of those awesome Korean cooking genes.

ps: my student life is pretty crazy right now with an exam coming up, several assignments due next week and I'll have my finals in July, thus there isn't much time to keep up with the blog community. I'll pop in from time to time but please don't take it personal if I don't get back to you right away.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I tried Korean food from a friend a few months ago and absolutely loved it, so I agree I need to learn to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the US most people really aren't aware of the political situation in both North and South Korea. I can also vouch for the quality of their researchers, the co-head of the institute I study at is Korean and he is one of the more intelligent people I've ever met, and his team is fantastic to work with. And their food! That is one of the few reasons I miss boarding school. I'm sorry that academics are taking over your life, please try and find time for one little crafty project, please? You could knit your fluffy kitty a kitty sled too, I'm still convinced that our kitties are doppelgangers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...