
I admit that I don't complain when summer ends. Of course I love the heat and sunshine and all the outdoor stuff but let's face it, fall is by far the best season. Sweaters, boots, hot tea, hats and many cozy evenings by the fire place. It's been rather quiet around here lately. Sorry about that. I could use an extra 5 hours every day. But oh well, only one more week of full time work and then I'll have a couple days off in October before school starts. There'll definitely be many cozy evenings spent in my comfy chair, knitting.
This season I'm most looking forward to baking lots of apple pies (there's a huge apple tree in my garden with delicious apples!), cozy evenings spent with friends knitting and the mandatory fall walks. Also, some craft shows and the famous book fair in Frankfurt. And it's time to make some personal craft projects to decorate my new space. So many ideas, so little time...
Oh Marie! How I envy your cool weather. It is still so very hot in Los Angeles. Today it was nearly a 100 degrees fahrenheit. I don't know how much more of this heat I can take. I long to wear sweaters and hats but cool weather seem so distant....
ReplyDeleteHave fun baking apple pies! I'm sure you'll post pictures. Can't wait to see. I'm trying to think of more apple recipe. Turnovers, Danishes, Pies so much you can do with them. Perhaps I'll make some strudel next. How wonderful to have an apple tree to enjoy.
xo