Sunday, September 9, 2012

52 Knits // Leaf Lace Shawl

MBP_1149
Yarn Used: One skein Zitron Filigran (100% Merino)
Needles: 3.5mm circular needles
Modifications: None

Note: This shawl took me only a little over a year. Hah! Let's be honest here, knitting the same pattern repeat over and over and over again is awfully boring. After several looong breaks, changing the needles at least five times to use them for other projects and switching to different cords whenever I needed the length of cord it was currently on and lots of complaining to my fellow knit friends about the extent to which I'm bored by this project, I finally made it through!

I love love love the result and I've worn the scarf several times. The sudden change of color of the yarn isn't too distracting when wearing the scarf. The yarn itself is wonderfully soft and was fun to work with - except the one little undyed part in the middle.

This project taught me one lesson - to never ever even think about knitting a blanket. It would be sheer torture to myself (and all my friends and family) to be working on the same boring pattern for years. I'm really grateful for the cute granny square blanket I thrifted in Victoria - it wouldn't have been fun to crochet 80+ granny squares. I admire all people who have to patience to knit/crochet blankets and other items that take months/years to finish.

MBP_1217 MBP_1224

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...