Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Project Life: Weeks 1 + 2

Project Life week 1

Oh man, this project is addictive. I decided to document my last three weeks in Canada in one spread because I didn't want to be really behind before I even started this project.

MBP_79741 MBP_79731

The first spread is pretty picture-heavy. I'll include more journaling in the future when I'll (hopefully) document throughout the week rather than whip everything together sunday evening.

Untitled

This spread is pretty simple - just some glitter alphabet stickers to add some sparkle, some snippets like business cards, my boarding card, a movie ticket etc. and lots of pictures and some handwritten roundup of the week. I thought including a weekly quote was neat to I chose one I read on GoodReader a couple weeks ago. I first saw the idea of including weekly quotes on Elise's blog.

Project Life week 2

I finished the second spread on Saturday. There weren't enough pockets to include anything from sunday. Well, nothing important happened anyway so I didn't care ;)

Untitled Untitled

The second spread shows more of what my life has been like since I got back to Germany - lots of baking (hey, I have to make use of having a KitchenAid mixer at my disposal before I move out.), crafting, meeting friends and taking pictures of my cat (mainly because he's the only family member who doesn't complain whenever I get my big camera out. And let's face it, he's a cutie!)

Untitled PL details

This week I included quite some instagram pictures although the quality isn't the best. Lots of handwriting because our regular printer refuses to print on cardstock. Ridiculous, right? I'm absolutely in love with the pink and white chevron pattern paper. It's adorable. I'd totally buy a wallpaper like that and cover my entire apartment in chevron wallpaper. Or maybe just one wall. Btw, did I mention that the bathroom in my new apartment is pink? You should've seen my reaction when my mom emailed me the pictures while we were talking on skype. Isn't a pink bathroom every girl's secret dream?

You don't know what Project Life is all about? Check out this website and see my cover page and supplies here. All my PL posts can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea!! What a wonderful keepsake it will be. You are reminding me I really need to print my pictures. I hate only having them on the computer. Thats why I like shooting film. It forces you to develop them.

    Oh and the handbag in your last post is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo liebe Marie,

    vielen Dank für Deinen netten Kommentar. Schön, Dich hier im Bloggerland kennenzulernen :) Dein Blog finde ich super und habe ihn mir schon bookmarked!
    Dein Journal ist ja ein klasse Projekt! Yes, your cat is a cutie :)
    Hab einen schönen Tag!
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...