
As my knitting needle collection is constantly growing, keeping the needles organized is getting more challenging. I wanted to make a needle case that would hold all of my DPs and interchangeable needles, as well as some crochet hooks and other bits and pieces a knitter needs.

After browsing the internet thoroughly, I didn't find anything that I really liked. So I had to come up with my own design. As it turned out, sewing this organizer was pretty time consuming. It turned out larger that I had expected, but I still love it :)
I used leftovers from this project for the outer fabric. I'm in love with Echino fabrics. One can make several projects from one piece of fabric, as the designs change and it feels like one gets a 3 in 1 fabric ;)

It opens up almost like a book. There's plenty of room for all my interchangeable needles, some crochet hooks, cable needles etc.
Next there are cables, stitch markers, DPNs and a zippered pocket for needles, more stitch markers etc.
This project took much longer to finish than I had expected. But! I love the outcome and it is big enough to hold many more needles. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for beginners, as some parts were quite tricky to sew. But there are many simple tutorials out there for needle organizers (one, two & three).
Oh My!! This is so very genius! I love that it's like a book and has 'pages'. How very very clever! I love the earthy color as well! What a beautiful design! Great work! I'm very tempted to make another one as well! Thanks for commenting on our blog!!! Dennis :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://accordingtomatt.blogspot.com
Is there any way I could get a pattern for this? Looked everywhere this is the first one I have fallen in love with. Whatever tips you can give, measurements, anything. I wld be indeated to you. Infact I happen to have loads of amazing fabrics I would love to let go of b.c. I never sew anymore. Knitting is my new love. If not I still love your ability to do what I very much doubt I will be able to pull off. Eaadams1231@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteJust ordered KP harmonies today