Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sweet Summer 2011

To me, summer means having time to art journal. I was considering re-taking Kara's Summer of Love Class but then I stumbled upon Elise's Summer Minibook. Shipping to Europe would've probably taken a week or two and I didn't feel like waiting. Soo I decided to make my own minibook: 


Sweet Summer 2011: minibook cover


I named it Sweet Summer 2011 because a) summer is sweet and b) I plan on trying lots of new recipes this summer. I cut down a bunch of paper leftovers to fit the photos (their size is 17x11.5cm - pretty awkward to work with). Here's what I made so far:


Sweet Summer 2011: 1-2


Left page: the first self portrait of the summer.


Right page: I wrote the text in open office and printed it on a 17x11.5 (light yellow) cardstock.


Sweet Summer 2011: 3-4


Left page: another self-portrait


Right page: I couldn't decide what to do with this pretty paper. So I just left it blank.


Sweet Summer 2011: 5-6


Left page: In Germany, seniors have costume days the last couple days of school. The motto was "back to the 50's" and there's a picture of some friends and me.


Right page: I 'stole' a couple of color charts at an American hardware store a couple years ago. I love using random things in my scrapbooks.


Sweet Summer 2011: 7-8


Left page: I glued two color charts to back. On this one I wrote my current likes.


Right page: I printed a mixing tape onto an transparency and attached it with an index tab to the envelope. I also stamped a flower on the envelope to fill the empty space. I really liked the idea of using envelops in the album. In this one, I will put some playlists.


Sweet Summer 2011: 9-10


Left page: Another flower stamp to pretty up the envelope. I punched the holes on the side where the envelope opens because that way it is closed (nothing falls out) but I can add more playlists later on.


Right page: Blank page


Sweet Summer 2011: 11-12 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011 13-14 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011: 15-16 (empty)Sweet Summer 2011: 17-18 (empty)


Sweet Summer 2011: 19-20 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011: 21-22 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011: 23-24 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011: 25-26 (empty) Sweet Summer 2011: 27-28 Sweet Summer 2011: 29-30 (empty)


On the last page I tried one of the new embossing folders I got for my birthday. I love it. I'll probably change the order of the pages as I keep adding new stuff. And I'll probably add more pages.


Unfortunately, I don't have any big binding rings (didn't find a German shop where one can buy them. Only tiiiiny ones that won't even hold five pages together =/)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...