Friday, June 17, 2011

knit-a-bit // introducing the green monster

I've caught a pretty bad cold yesterday. I've spent the day sipping tea and knitting.


sickknittingthemonster


May I introduce you to the Calais Shawl (aka the 'green monster' as it gets bigger and bigger). A friend recommended the pattern as it is simple to memorize. This is my first lace project and so far I really like it. So if you are somewhat afraid of knitting lace (like I used to do), give it a try it's not as bad as everybody says :D


knittingthemonster2 greenmonsterMy mom asked me to take pictures of the shawl she knitted during our vacation in Egypt. Here's an outtake of the 'photo shoot'. A human model is much easier to handle than a cat model :DcatmodelsCan't wait to finish my green monster and block it so I can start a new lace project :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...