Thursday, June 23, 2011

Echino Bag

Yesterday I decided to sew a bag. Today I finished the last bits and pieces. Here's the very first bag I designed and created. I fell in love with the Kokka Echino fabric the minute I saw it. I envisioned an everyday bag that would be suitable for shopping trips, adventures with friends and university life.


MBP_9605


It is roomy yet not too big. The pink fabric I used for the straps and the top of the bag is from IKEA. It's really sturdy and I love the color!!


MBP_9612


MBP_9609


I talked my mom into quilting the upper part of the bag. She quilted my name, too. I love those little, personalized details about handmade <3


This was also the first adjustable strap I made. I strongly recommend to have another bag with adjustable straps near by, as it is quite confusing how to sew it.


MBP_9620


I added several pockets to the inside. There's also a chain to which one can clip a key chain or something to find it easier [it sometimes takes me minutes to find my keys. My bags are rather messy, to be honest].


MBP_9621


Yet another echino fabric (my absolute favorite!!!). I also printed out a tutorial on how to sew hidden pockets. It wasn't as difficult as I had imagined :)


MBP_9600 - Version 2


I also made a tissue holder from some of the scraps. Next week I'll sew a little matching zipper bag to store little bits and pieces like lipstick, chewing gum etc.


best sewing teacher :)


Last but not least, I wanna thank for mom for being a really helpful teacher and assistant ;) If she hadn't taught me all the special techniques and gave me advise on how to do things this bag wouldn't have turned out nearly as neat as it did.


In other news, I'll go to Cologne and Frankfurt for the next 3-4 days. So it will be rather quiet around here in the next couple of days.


Happy sewing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...