Wednesday, October 29, 2014

wiwo wednesday vol. 14

MBP_4362
First of all, thank you so much for your feedback on my last post. I really appreciate your comments and you, my dear readers, are the main reason why I enjoy blogging!
But let's not get all cheesy. What I'm Working On this week is a mix of Christmas presents (most of which are not shown here, duh.), organizing my craft supplies, decorating my studio and some mindless knitting (99% of which is done during lectures).
MBP_4354
I've been dreading organizing my knitting supplies because I just have so many! When did I accumulate all those needles?? And how come I have hundreds of stitch markers but whenever I need them I can't find any and have to use scrap yarn?
I've been keeping all my knitting notions and empty project bags in a big box in my closet. Whenever I had to find a needle that would mean rummaging through all that stuff for minutes. Naturally, whatever I was looking for seemed to be at the very bottom.
MBP_4367
It's kind of embarrassing so sell needle organizers to others yet have a very unorganized needle situation at home. So this morning I emptied the box on my bed (that's how I usually trick myself into cleaning; if I really really want to procrastinate I simply sleep on the couch and clean the stuff up before going to bed the following day.) and organized everything into little piles on my couch table.
Next, I divided everything up into the little pouches, needle organisers etc as followed(from top left):

  • big needle organizer: all my DPNs, notions I don't use often
  • bird zipper bag: measuring tapes & buttons
  • patchwork 'envelope' bag: T-pins and spare stitch markers
  • wooden box: tapestry needles, safety pins, etc.
  • sheep pouch: most important tools that I take everywhere (row counter, tapestry needle, scissors, stitch markers, ...)
  • interchangeable needles organizer: all my gazillion circular needles
And the biiig We Are Knitters needles that are impossible to fit into any organizer / pouch. Whew, so much better than before! I'm gonna come up with a pattern for a knitting needle organiser for all my DPNs that's a little more... portable than the big one I use right now.
Please tell me I'm not the only knitter with so much stuff.

MBP_4407
And since most of my knitting projects right now are rather secretive (less than two months until Christmas!) I'm only gonna show you this Halloween-inspired pair of socks I'm knitting for a relative for Christmas. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know this blog exists so I should be fine showing them on here. I can't wait for Christmas Eve so I can bombard you will all the stuff I'm working on!

What are you working on? Anything Halloween inspired? I really wish it was more of a thing in Germany. The only Halloween stuff I found was red-fleshed apples and purple kohlrabi!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I wish my knitting stuff was so organised! All my needles etc. are stuffed in a drawer so I can never find anything quickly. And no halloween inspired knitting for me either, since in the Netherlands we also don't celebrate it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My knitting needles are scattered in two rooms and in various knitting bags. I have amassed a complete set (all sizes) in 10 & 14 inch straight needles, double point needles (I rarely use them) and interchangeable circulars. They are mostly organized, but I still find stray ones from time to time. Yes, my stitch markers have a way of eluding me when I need them.

    I'm knitting socks again and just finished three pair for gifts and for myself. I enjoy knitting plain socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I like your organization and wish I had that many needles. I have a case for all my interchangables and DPNs. All my notions are also in their own case, but I think i need to re-evaluate that because it's getting full.
    Love the socks by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...