Wednesday, October 8, 2014

wiwo wednesday vol. 13

MBP_4088
Instead of casting on the Wurm hat using my handspun yarn, I've decided to cast on the Bray Cap by Brooklyn Tweed. I'm knitting this hat for my roomie Julia and it's a lovely, soft yarn galled 'calm wool'. It's a much softer orange than in the picture above; let's simply blame the rainy and gray fall weather for this instead of my inability to take true-tone indoor pictures.
MBP_4081
I have an IKEA metal bin that I use to keep all my WIPs in one place. Yesterday I was looking through it and found the Elfreide scarf at the very bottom. Naturally I had to get it out and knit a couple of rows. I'm hoping to knit two pattern repeats by next Wednesday. The progress on this scarf is slow but it's so soft and squishy - I hope to finish it by Christmas so I get to wear it this winter.
MBP_4098
The next project isn't something I'm working on - yet. But I started preparing for my next sweater project - the Levenwick by Brooklyn Tweed - by winding the yarn into cakes. I'm gonna use Cascade 220 for this one. It's not the softest yarn out there but I hope it brings out the collar details nicely.
MBP_4107
And the mandatory pair of socks is always in my handbag, though I didn't make much progress this past week.

Feel free to add me on Ravelry - my username there is FroggedDesigns as well - so I can see what you're up to.

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous knits, the scarf must be a nice immersive knit? As in one where you have to concentrate and it keeps you in the moment? I find that quite helpful mentally sometimes. I must write a blog about what I'm knitting, though not show the Christmas presents obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those luscious cables! Happy knitting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new project you have there, and the colours really suit the current weather. The hat looks like it will be super warm and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your photos, the simplicity of them is very nice. As for your projects, I want to just reach out and squish them, especially the red for the hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...