Monday, October 20, 2014

quilt show // plesse quilter 2014

MBP_4133
One of my mom's quilt guilds called 'Plesse Quilter' had a quilt show last weekend showing some of their beautiful quilts. The theme was '25' because it was their 25th anniversary. They had a challenge for which each of the members made a quilt that had to include '25' and two fabrics (the silver fabric and the main fabric of the quilt above). It's always fun to see what people come up with if they use the same fabrics yet the outcome is completely different depending on the style and taste of the quilter.

I loved the wall hanging above because it combined quilting and knitting! Great idea, isn't it??
MBP_4127
The mini quilt above was made by my mom. I love the modern feel and the combination of straight line quilting and round appliqué elements.
MBP_4113
My friend B. made a beautiful wall hanging featuring 25 tulips. I love the combination of blue and pink. My mom quilted it on her long arm machine and she managed to make the tulips pop out by quilting the background rather densely.
MBP_4123
Another member of the quilt guild made a looong (like 15 feet?) quilt that is composed of 25 squares. Each square represents one year in her patchwork career. It started with fabrics from the 80s, then 90s. In the 2000's there were different phases like batik fabrics and most recently a phase of hand dyed fabrics. It's a great idea and I might adapt it to a scarf that represents different eras in my knitting career.
MBP_4121
Another set of quilts I really liked were the ones made from scraps; it's amazing to see what you can make out of the tiniest scraps of fabric. I don't think I can throw away any fabric scraps anymore because I'll just have to think of the awesome quilts other people would use them for.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marie, for taking pictures and writing about our little quilting group exhibition. Making a shawl in lots of different styles and yarns is a very good idea. Don`t wait for 25 years to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun variety of quilts and projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...