Wednesday, October 15, 2014

bray cap

MBP_4166
Hooray, a finished knitting project!
MBP_4156
I made the bray cap by Jared Flood of BT for Julia as a 'beginning of term' gift. The yarn is called 'calm wool' by Elsebeth Lavold and it's sooo soft and squishy yet the texture of the hat is visible. I loved working with it. I got it on sale at a LYS somewhere in Montana because it was discontinued a while ago. If you still get a chance to snatch it up - do it!
MBP_4149
The pattern was - like all Brooklyn Tweed patterns I've knitted so far - easy to follow and knitting from the charts was easy and any mistakes variations could be spotted at once.
MBP_4154
All the projects I'm currently working on aren't very exciting / there isn't much visible, yet. So I've decided to skip the wiwo post this week and show you this beautiful FO instead. But I have some very exciting posts coming up - finally a tour of my studio, gift guides for the holiday season and many new fall projects.
MBP_4145

3 comments:

  1. The hat looks wonderful on Julia. She is going to get lots of complements while wearing it. I hope she passes those on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beginning of terms gifts, why did I never think of that? The hat looks wonderful, love the seasonal colour you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous hat. I love that red so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...