
I cast on these scrap socks in the car during one of those looong drives from Seattle to the Yellowstone National Park. I took about 85 grams of fingering weight with me. When I left Germany I was convinced I'd use them all up or leave the tiny scraps behind. Well as a yarn lover I can't seem to leave any yarn behind. Thus, almost 10 grams of sock yarn leftovers of the leftovers traveled back home with me.

I finished these socks in the Yellowstone (and kind of regretted not having brought more sock yarn because the other WIPs I brought were a Molly hat (that I finished rather quickly) and a complicated cable scarf (Elfreide) that required my full attention and wasn't ideal on a road trip.). My mom took these pictures of me/the socks at the Moraine Lake in Banff NP. I love them, even though the last one isn't exactly sharp.

Behind the scenes: this cute squirrel came jumping towards me when I checked the photos on my camera screen. Luckily, I was able to take a very quick snapshot of it when it was literally 20 inches from my face. Do you sometimes get unexpected visitors during a photo shoot?
Your socks are wonderful as are the photos.
ReplyDeleteYellowstone NP is not far from me. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Wyoming - my home for many years.
That's a really good (and adorable!) squirrel picture. The only unexpected photobomber I get is my kitten - which is why I've taken to locking her out of the room before I start photographing my knitting.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the scrap socks! Leftovers of the leftovers... are they enough to do anything with? Maybe a tiny knitted toy?
I love your scrap socks, you could always make baby socks with the leftovers of the leftovers? Or knitgrrl's mother's stay on bootees (on ravelry) are good.
ReplyDeleteMy sister has taken this wonderful photograph where a goat intervened in the picture of an alpaca https://flic.kr/p/bpdqzf
I always seem to bring a terrible travel project along as well, no idea why. But you must feel great having finished two of them! The socks are delightful!
ReplyDeleteOh that squirrel!
ReplyDeleteIt is always difficult to know what to bring for a trip, at least it is for me. I would bring the scraps back home too.