Tuesday, September 2, 2014

buttercup sweater

MBP_3424
Oh hey there, remember me?
I apologize for my rather long absence; I was busy taking exams, traveling through North America and finally finishing a couple of knitting projects so I have new things to share on here. Do you remember the buttercup sweater?
MBP_3436
I finally knit the sleeves and weaved in all the gazillion ends. Plus I found a pretty old fire truck somewhere in the Canadian rocky mountains to take pictures of this pretty sweater. If you're looking for a simple yet fun raglan sweater that's knitted top down I highly recommend this one!
MBP_3441
I used drops alpaca yarn and I'm very happy with it - as always. It's an affordable yarn yet the quality is great. Sure, it's not as soft as royal alpaca but it doesn't feel itchy on my skin, although I have rather sensitive skin. (Fun fact: We had a layover in Reykjavik, Iceland on our way to Seattle and there's a shop with Icelandic products at the airport that carried Lopi wool! Too bad it was super scratchy :( But I have this lovely Icelandic yoke sweater in my queue and plan to knit it one day - hopefully using less scratchy yarn!)
MBP_3442
I love the tight yet not unflattering fit of the buttercup. I followed the pattern for the most part but modified the sleeve length and knit a couple more rows around the neckline.
MBP_3448

9 comments:

  1. According to your Instagram feed you had a full and exciting vacation, I'm so glad! Although I'm jealous of your time in Canada (some day!). I love the Buttercup, it looks like it will wear very well over time. I love the pattern, so much I've knitted it twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ivy :) Yes, our vacation was amazing - I highly recommend travelling through Canada, although we noticed a huge increase in prices compared to the US. Still, it's definitely worth it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely sweater, hope the exams went well. I'm making a cardigan in some drops alpaca/wool blend I bought during the alpaca party, it's lovely to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The results of my exams are still not published but I had a good feeling, thanks :) I love drops yarn - I tried many of their yarns and was always happy with the quality!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your time exploring - you really did find the perfect sweater backdrop! I love that pattern on you :) I have heard good things about it from multiple people...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with the result, although I had to frog the last bit of the body several times because I wasn't happy with the curling / the length. But the fit is great! :)

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking yesterday that it had been a while since you'd been around! I hope that exams went well and that you enjoyed your travels. The Buttercup sweater is looking lovely - congratulations on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaiya!
      I actually missed blogging and even thought about writing a quick post during my vacation but I had rarely internet because we were mostly camping. But I have tons of stuff to share with you so it's gonna be a very busy month on my blog :)

      Delete
  5. It's lovely Marie. If you get half as much wear out of it as I have from my buttercup dress in linen you'll have more than your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...