Yay, my all-time favorite knitwear design team published a new collection. I love that all the pieces are classic yet have modern cuts and are all wearable out in public - unlike many knitwear designs you'll find in fancy magazines. Have a look yourself:
It's hard to pick favourites because there isn't a single piece in the collection that I don't like, but I can imagine knitting the following patterns eventually:
Winslow pillow, Atlas sweater, Arlo cardigan, Humphrey teddy bear, Spore hat and scarf and all the other patterns.
I can't wait for the time when my friends start having kids. But it's never too early to start knitting cute kids' clothes for potential future kids, right??
I agree that "wearable in public" is something that can be a little hit or miss in pattern collections - and these are all perfectly reasonable in that regard. Also, it's amazing that you can embed the entire publication in your blog!
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment on this the other day but deleted my own comment (how?!), so here's attempt two!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a cute collection and the way babies seem to come once friends do start having them, it makes sense to have some extra things tucked away for gifts. I feel a bit swamped by baby knitting this year, though I don't help myself - keep falling for 4ply patterns!
They are good patterns for children because they have a timeless style to them, so that if they get passed down a family the younger children won't look hopelessly unfashionable and they also won't get in the way of playing