Friday, June 27, 2014

operation sock yarn // catching up

Since I started this project, I completed one pair of scrap socks every month: March & April. I forgot to post the socks for May, but here's a picture:
AAB_0521
There are more pictures and information on the ravelry project page, if you're curious.
MBP_2038
Here is the June edition: they are more neutral than the last pairs of socks. I used seven different kinds of fingering weight yarn yet only managed to use up one skein. Oh well, I guess there will be many more blue-ish #operationsockyarn socks in the future.
MBP_2047
My two sock yarn boxes are still pretty full but at least I'm able to close them again. The worst part of using up scrap yarns is this:
MBP_2035
So many ends to weave in!

Are you also working on diminishing your (scrap) stash?

5 comments:

  1. It is satisfying to use scraps to knit socks, and your socks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed it is. Although I'm not very fond of weaving in ends, scrap socks are currently my favorite knitting projects - relatively quick, easy to make and portable. Oh and the results are always gorgeous and unique :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! How do you manage all of those ends? Just looking at the photo nearly gives me a panic attack!

    I try to use my sock yarn scraps as contrasting toes and cuffs for more socks, but I use the Russian join in order to avoid dealing with ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up the Russian join in method. It looks awesome! Is it durable enough for socks? I've tried the double knot technique before (Jane Richmond posted a tutorial on youtube) but it wasn't strong enough for socks and I had to frog an entire pair :( But I'l give the Russian join in a try - would be sooo awesome if I didn't have to spend two hours weaving in ends once I finished a pair of socks ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness for being able to close them again. I love yarn, but my overflowing yarn bin isn't making me happy, just the opposite in fact.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...