Saturday, June 21, 2014

bolt statement

MBP_2017
This shawl was a knit-along that I did with Grace. The bolt shawl is a fun pattern to knit, although the designer's specific note NOT to pick up the wrapped stitch on the short rows really bothered me. I followed the instructions although I somewhat doubted the sense of it. And voilĂ , every single short row is visible. I was optimistic that it wouldn't be visible anymore after blocking but nope - still easily spottable.MBP_2013
Anyway, I still like the design of the shawl - and I'm super glad I chose neutral colours for this one. I love having one shawl that goes with pretty much every outfit I wear.
MBP_2007
My dad was nice enough to model for me because wrapping it around a tree doesn't really show what it'll look like once worn. Also, I think men can totally pull this shawl design off.
MBP_2021
I took these pictures on a short weekend trip to Belgium. Taking pictures outside in the countryside is so much more fun than having to rely on your own backyard.
MBP_2031
MBP_2024

7 comments:

  1. I love stripey shawls and this is no different. What an interesting design. And your dad did a good job modeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shawl. Your Dad looks like he is a good sport about his modeling assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful scarf and I love your model.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad is the perfect model! I'm trying to wrap my head around the way this shawl is constructed and I just can't imagine it. Congratulations on a fabulous FO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes! Such a cool design. Also your blog looks great. I haven't been a very good blogger/blog reader these past months but I love the new look of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, it looks so good, inspite of the short rows showing. Thank you for making that not, I'll keep it in mind if I choose to do one. Your dad looks so kind in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I love your dad modeling the shawl :) I miss all of you! The shawl is amazing, still can't believe how fast you knit. I just picked up a whole pile of knitting needles at an estate sale for super cheap... maybe owning more needles will inspire me to knit more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...