
My mom Patricia made the most awesome craft fair sign for my small business. I wanted something bright and airy yet eye catching and unique. I'm not a fan of vinyl signs or anything with a hard structure. If you're selling textile accessories for knitters it's a logical consequence to have a textile sign, too - right?

My mom started off with a light fray piece of fabric. I think it was a curtain in an earlier life. Next I printed out all the letters necessary on a sheet of papers. I mirrored the letters in Word and printed them on normal office paper so they could be used as patterns.

Next my mom traced the letters onto vliesofix and ironed them onto a collection of 14 different green fabrics - the green one with the tiny sheep is my favorite. After ironing the letters to the background fabric she quilted it on her longarm machine.

Obviously my mom is a true artist and watching her turn a boring, old curtain into a piece of art is amazing. I just love how the letters pop out. My mom recently started a longarm quilting service - so drop her a mail (p.bussemeier AT gmx DOT com) if you'd like her to quilt something for you.

There are several rod pockets and sleeves on the back to hang the quilt. I couldn't be happier about the sign and I'm gonna hang it above my coach when it's not used as a craft fair sign.
What a beautiful sign! Your mom definitely knows how to do her stuff!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Britney! I hope you're enjoying the UK :)
DeleteHallo Marie, ein wunderschönes Schild hat Deine Mama Dir gemacht, da wird man ganz neidisch...Ich wollte mich eigentlich schon mal früher melden...wir haben kurz auf dem MM 2013 gesprochen und so bin ich auf Deinen Blog aufmerksam geworden. Ich bin ja am selben Platze und frage mich ob man es organisiert bekommen würde ein Strick-Handarbeits-Mittagspausentreffen (ca. 2x im Monat) in einer der Unicafeten ins Leben zu rufen...ich stricke hier immer fröhlich alleine vor mich hin in meiner Pause und denke hier muss es doch noch mehr Wollsüchtige geben...
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüße
Anja
frauschnittchen.blogspot.de
Hallo Anja,
Deletedanke für den netten Kommentar. Ein Campus-Treffen klingt super, da bin ich dabei :)
Kannst du am 29.04. um 19h? Da trifft sich unsere Ravelry Strickgruppe im Mr Jones. Wenn du Lust hast vorbeizukommen (und viele andere verrückte Stricker zu treffen) können wir dort die Details besprechen und uns überlegen, wo und wann wir die Treffen starten wollen.
Wenn dir der Termin nicht passt können wir uns auch in der 1. Vorlesungswoche auf dem Campus treffen.
LG
Marie
Hallo Marie, magst Du Dich einfach kurz via Email melden? frauschnittchen(ät)gmx.de Am 29.04. kann ich leider nicht...bin aber ab Mi jeden Tag (voraussichtlich) auf dem Campus.
DeleteLiebe Ostergrüße
Anja
Your sign is beautiful and your booth attractive and inviting. I would definitely be drawn in to admire your items.
ReplyDeleteThe quilting is amazing! so very detailed, I hope you had a brilliant day at the craft fair
ReplyDeletehttp://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks, Helen - the craft fair was amazing and I met so many great people! I loved it :)
DeleteHow did your choir contest go?
This is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it. The quilting and the fabric are gorgeous. Your mom is so talented.
ReplyDeleteWell I would definitely buy something from a booth with a sign that cool. What a unique idea :)
ReplyDelete