
I have an owl (partly visible in this picture) sitting in my chair that seems to attract visitors; whenever my friend A. is over she picks up my owl and won't let go off her until she has to leave. She mentioned about 2691 times that she'd love to have an owl like that.
Her 21st birthday was a great opportunity to make one for her. I used some red flannel from my mom's stash for the main body, an old shirt for the belly (I had a really hard time cutting it up; if it was 12 sizes smaller I would've worn it instead of cutting it into pieces!) and some Ikea fabrics scraps for the eyes and nose. I recycled the filling from an old pillow (which was a BIG mess; I still find the stuffing EVERYWHERE in my apartment. Literally. Even in my fridge!?!!) so it's a pretty 'green' gift :)

I love how chubby she(I decided she's female.) looks. I've had a pretty hard time giving her away after having her sit in my shelf, watching me study for hours and hours, every day for two weeks. But I know that she's in a warm and cozy home now where she gets lots of attention. And my owl probably would've been jealous if I had kept her. My chair is only big enough for one owl so unless I kick out my roomie and put a gigantic couch into his room I won't adopt another owl, no matter how cute and chubby she is.


This is project #7 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.
Awwww! Not only is she adorable, but you made her from some things you already had? You are so creative! I kind of want to try and make my own.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is SO cute! Keep up the GREAT work!
ReplyDeleteLiz
http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/
This is a super cute project!!
ReplyDeleteShe is also very cosy and soft due to the soft filling. Sorry about the mess it made. I should have warned you.You can be proud of your work. Nice applique work.
ReplyDelete