Friday, February 10, 2012

52 Knits // Winter Blues Mittens

MBP_5537

PatternCruiser by Cailyn Meyer (size M)
Yarn Used: two skeins Marks & Kattens Eco Ull Color (80% wool, 20% merino), color 305
Needles: 5mm DPNs
Modifications: Cast on 36 stitches, increased to 40 stitches on the last row of the cuff.
Note: I'm not happy with the decreases - they are clearly visible and make the mittens look oddly shaped. The technique for the thumb was refreshing, but they don't fit very well. Also, the cuff is still pretty loose. It was a quick, simple knit but I'm not very happy with the result, although I love the yarn and its softness :)

MBP_5525

MBP_5528

))))
FIFTYTWOOOOThis is project #5 of 52.

As part of my 2012 goals, I want to finish 52 knitted items this year. You can see all the items I knitted so far on my blog or on ravelry.

See knits 123 and 4

2 comments:

  1. will you wear them or not is always my question. sounds like you are on the fence, which is always a bummer with a finished knit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft projects that don't turn out right are so frustrating :(
    Do you have another 'favourite' mitten pattern? The Bella mittens?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...