Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Very Short Introduction


Hello there and thank you for stopping by!


My name is Marie and I'm the person behind Frogged Designs. I'm a twenty year old German and I'm going to school at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. I just moved to Canada in August 2011 to pursue my dream of studying International Relations and Economics. 


UBC Rose Garden


I grew up in a relatively small city in Germany and I enjoy every minute of living in Vancouver. The city is beautiful, I love the variety of thirft stores and having a bus pass so I can go anywhere I want to. You can find posts on my life at UBC (and dorm life in general) in this category.


favorite people


These are some of my favorite people. My mom Patricia is a quilter, knitter and my creative soulmate. She also makes the best bread & cookies. She has her creative corner on the internet here. My dad Frank is probably the most supportive dad you can imagine. Being married to a quilter for more than 26 years requires quite some patience. He is really talented in wood working and I often take advantage of his vintage LP collection. I love spending quiet evenings with my cat O'Malley (we usually call him Schnubbel) at home. He loves cuddling, warm quilts, soft knits and sleeping on books.


posts


This is a craft and personal blog; I blog about knitting, sewing, art journalling, traveling, photography, baking / cooking, DIYs, thrift shopping and my personal life. From time to time you'll also find some outfit posts or interior design inspiration on my blog.


The DSLR I use is a Nikon D7000 and 98% of the pictures were taken using the 50mm 1.4G lens. I also own the 18-105mm lens that came with the kit but I hardly ever use it. I also take many pictures using my iPhone 4 when I'm too lazy to take my camera with me.


I decided to become a vegetarian when I was thirteen years old. The elementary school I went to was a Rudolf Steiner school and I life a rather 'green lifestyle': I buy organic food whenever possible, I prefer going by bike than by car and I'm against nucelar energy.


texting


I love getting to know new blog readers so don't hesitate to contact me on twitter, facebook, ravelry, flickr or send me an e-mail to bussemeier@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...