Friday, January 23, 2015

exploration station shawl


MBP_5312
I'm happy to finally share a finished project. I gave this shawl to my mom for Christmas(though I only finished it  for New Year's... oops!) so you haven't seen this one in any of the 'what I'm working on' posts, yet.
MBP_5297
The pattern is called "exploration station" by Stephen West. You can find yarn information etc. on the ravelry project page.
MBP_5300
It was a fun pattern to knit. There is one brioche section in there; I've been wanting to give the technique a try for quite some time so I was happy to have such an awesome teacher. (The pattern includes video tutorials that shows special techniques for the different sections.)
IMG_8955
The only mod I made is the bind off. I switched to a lighter color for the i-cord bind off so it wouldn't look too dark with a big, dark red/purple/pinkish border.
IMG_8957
I finished knitting the shawl during our vacation to Denmark so I had lots of space to blog this beauty. Thankfully because it wouldn't have fit into my small student-sized apartment :D

11 comments:

  1. Too beautiful! I love how those color changes really added to those more textured sections of the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all the different kinds of elements the shawl has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Your Mother is going to enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschön! Ein tolles Geschenk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful and I bet your mom LOVES it. Stephen West is a really cool designer !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so lovely. The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! always so satisfying to see a shawl finished & pinned for blocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful pattern. I have a bit of a love hate thing with West's designs but this one is definitely a love. I like the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful pattern. I have a bit of a love hate thing with West's designs but this one is definitely a love. I like the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...