Wednesday, May 14, 2014

wiwo wednesday vol. 2

AAB_0541
I'm almost done with my little wave cardigan. I was determined to finish it last weekend but then I ran out of yarn. Unfortunately the yarn isn't sold in Germany so I got a little panic attack before remembering that there's this great community called ravelry.com out there. I looked through the stash option and found someone in the UK who was willing to sell one skein of the exact color I need(Thanks, Hilary!). I hope that I'll get to knit the pockets and sew on the buttons (which I need to buy first) before next week's wiwo post.
AAB_0546
I tried the cardigan on the other day and it fits perfectly. A super cute pattern that I'll probably knit again one day :)
AAB_0572
The next project isn't technically a wip yet but I'm listing it here anyway. My knitting group and I placed a huge yarn order(you think I'm exaggerating? Click & stare.) because our favorite drops yarn is currently on sale. Naturally I got a couple skeins for future projects, one of which will be the buttercup. The color is a perfect mix of fray, blue and red. Kind of hard to describe but really beautiful.
AAB_0600
The scrap scarf only got a tiny gray stripe added this week.
AAB_0559
Since I currently don't have any socks on my needles gasp! I thought I'd share a quick update of my sock yarn stash. #operationsockyarn left quite a dent in my stash but there are still a lot of scraps for future projects.

What are you working on?

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's a massive yarn order!

    Love your sock yarn stash, I'm looking forward to rummaging through mine later as I've almost finished my current pair of socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardigan is darling and will look fabulous in you. Nice job! Glad you were able to find more yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want some more ideas for the sock scraps I made (didn't quite finish...) one of these toy monsters in sock yarn http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/holly-ivy-and-steve-three-christmas-hooligan-ornaments She has a couple of other small patterns that they'd work for too, her patterns are very clear and good fun. Glad you were able to get more yarn, it's a great cardigan and I don't blame your knitting group for getting all that Drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Few things:
    That is serious yarn porn right there!
    Must know more about this knitting group
    Isn't Ravelry just the best, I will remember to look on there if I'm ever desperate for a skein of yarn
    I always love a nosy at other's yarn stash, your's is quite impressive

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...