Friday, December 6, 2013

52 craft projects // pencil case II

MBP_4500
Remember the pencil case I made a while ago? I love it but after only a couple of months the zipper broke. It was a recycled zipper that I got at a flea market last year. It looked sturdy but it seems like it has lived the better part of its life in someone else's bag.
I used the same measurements for the new pouch because it was perfect and I didn't think it was necessary to change anything - except the fabrics.
MBP_4501
The outer fabric is by Ellen Luckett Baker for kokka. It's a sturdy linen/cotton mix. For the bottom I used linen. The lining is a Tilda fabric I got during our vacation to Denmark. I wanted to add a pop of color so I chose a bright pink zipper. This time I used a new YKK one so I hope it lasts longer than my last pencil pouch zipper!
MBP_4449
To add a fun little detail I quilted the bottom part of the pouch to match the top fabric. Quilting linen isn't very rewarding because it looks kind of messy because of the linen structure but I still think it's a fun detail.

ps: in case you were wondering how the heck I plan to complete 52 projects seen that I'm at project 33 and there are only about 4 weeks left... Well, there are several Christmas gifts that I can't share until after Christmas. Also, I have a couple of finished projects laying around that just wait to be photographed. I'm seldom home during daylight hours so taking pictures is pretty challenging. TGIF and I get to take proper pictures on weekends :)
52craftprojects2013This is project #33 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013. You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.

2 comments:

  1. love the quilting on the bottom. good touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a spectacular sewer. I am always so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...