Friday, August 16, 2013

fabric shopping in berlin - volksfaden & hüco


MBP_1529

Earlier this week my mom and I went to my favorite German city - Berlin! I love just about everything about the city and I'm secretly dreaming of moving there one day. One of things I love most about Berlin is that there are many creative people, thus many gorgeous fabric stores!
On our last trip there we went to two store:
Volksfaden in Schöneberg. Getting there is super easy - take the S1 to Julius-Leber-Brücke and there's a small boardwalk that leads right to the Volksfaden shop.
MBP_1516 Volksfaden MBP_1515 MBP_1523 MBP_1522 MBP_1521
All the decorations in the shop a very cute and the selection of fabrics is amazing - soo many gorgeous fabrics! We've had a hard time choosing but I ended up with a bunch of Christmas fabrics. Making plans for a christmas quilt in August? Yepp, that's totally me.
MBP_1524
MBP_1561
We also went to hüco - it's a wholesale but the prices are just like in any other fabric store (if not even more expensive.). What's great about the shop is that it's a huge warehouse full of fabrics and zippers etc. The selection is endless! We didn't end up buying anything but it's nice to know that there's a store that offers a huge selection of fabrics for sewing clothes, costumes, etc.
MBP_1506 MBP_1512

5 comments:

  1. I love to see the fabric selections and displays in quilt shops. This looks like a fun place to browse and to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I would love to visit Berlin it seems to be a great city. Those shops both look lovely but I especially like the photos of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marie
    It was lovely meeting you & your mom, and your photos of the shop are fantastic! Thanks for posting about us!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marie, your photos are really amazing, I was actually looking information on fabrics, but when I looked at the photos I couldn't control myself going through all the pictures. The place is also very good and great creativity can be seen easily. Thanks for sharing the life event, made me remind of good time I had with my mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma,
      thanks for your nice comment :)
      Have a great day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...