Thursday, May 2, 2013

52 craft projects // dotted knitting project bag

MBP_9647
I have a secret: I'm a bag addict.
Nothing gets me more excited than browsing through books, looking for bag inspiration. And finding the perfect bag fabric? It makes my day.
I found the dotted fabric at ikea earlier this year. It's called 'ullgump' (who makes up with such a name for a fabric!?) and it's perfect. Awesome design, sturdy, great quality and cheap. Everything a bag maker dreams of :)
MBP_9629
The interior features several pockets for needles, scissors, etc.
It's roomy enough for my yarn holder, my biiig knitting project, an extra skein or two and a small pouch with more knitting accessories. The measurements are 11"x11" and 6" deep.The yarn holder thingy is 5" and I wanted to make sure it fits in there well. If I were to make a similar bag again I'd probably go with 5" depth which still gives plenty of room for everything a knitter on the go needs.
MBP_9644
I'm known for dragging quite some heavy stuff around, like e.g. my laptop. I secured the adjustable straps very well to make sure this bag will live a long and secure life.
MBP_9652
I didn't want a zipper to harm the yarn so I simply added two kam snaps that match the fabric to close the bag.

All in all it took me three hours to sew the bag - including coming up with the design. I love spontaneous craft ideas that work out fine!

ps: If you're reading this using a RSS reader, click here and check out my new header! I wanted something fresh for spring and I'm considering re-designing some parts of the blog layout as well.
52craftprojects2013This is project #14 of 52 craft projects I'm attempting to complete in 2013.
You can see all the other projects I've complete so far here.

8 comments:

  1. That fabric is perfect for a bag of that size! I love it with the brown straps, and those snaps match so perfectly. Glad your new machine is being put to good use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish I could sew, I love that bag. It looks absolutely perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, ich finde sie total schön :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your bag " in person". Great design and the KAM Snaps are a so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this bag! It looks so sturdy and practical, but still has a lot of personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bag is great!! btw: I ordered the bag making bible, too. It's such a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you're right, you definitely share a lot of tutorials for great bags! That's great though, you can never own too many ;)I've wanted to try making one one of these days, we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I just found your blog and I adore it. I wish I could sew like that. I look forward to reading what yoou come up with in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...