
The h+h Cologne is an international trade fair for crafts and hobby. I went there last Friday with my mom and we've had so much fun! I was in yarn heaven - sooo many gorgeous fibers to see and feel! We got to meet many designers and book authors and the amount of inspiration you get at such a trade fair cannot be beaten.
Unfortunately, most companies didn't sell their products there but I got some knitting needles to try and an entire bolt of Echino fabric at a bargain price! I'm so excited to make some bags and pouches... and maybe a skirt?
Seeing all those gorgeous knitwear designs makes me wanna cast on a sweater (or two or three...) right away. But I'm still working on my second color affection shawl so I guess I gotta be patient...
The highlights of the day were using my future sewing machine for the very first time (I've been reading reviews about the sewing machine for months but actually trying it was so great! It was love at first sight and I can't wait till it's mine - sewing bags will be so much easier! I love my Juki but I'm super careful with it and avoid sewing through thick layers since I had it repaired a couple weeks ago. Now I just gotta find a way to finance the sewing machine.), meeting a blog reader (hey, Lizzy!) and meeting my mom's co-workers after hearing so much about them.
Woah. Those are some amazing photos and inspiration. I always love seeing photos of fiber/craft fairs since we don't have many large ones around here. It looks like you had a ball.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it would be worth to visit just for the sight alone! I love the knit dress, although it is probably a pain to knit. The sewing machine looks very functional, I cannot wait to hear about how much you like it! I can only imagine all of the lovely things you'll make with it.
ReplyDeleteWow what fun. I would love to go to a trade fair for sewing/crafts. I know there is quite a few big ones held here in the states but I have yet to make it out to one. I think it would be so much fun. All that inspiration in one place would be lovely.
ReplyDeleteGive me the frog! Please........ O_o
ReplyDeleteHahaha, I actually thought about stealing it for you but then again he looked so happy in between all that colorful yarn... but they do sell the pattern :)
Deletehttp://www.laines-cheval-blanc.fr/article.php?lg=fr&mid=19&msid=0&mssid=0&rid=981