Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the comforts of home...

MBP_4365

It feels so good to be home. I rebooked my flight to arrive three days earlier than originally planned and didn't tell my mom - it was a great surprise :)

MBP_4346

Germany welcomed me home with a tiny little bit of snow. It makes for a nice change after weeks of rain in Vancouver. I spent my first day eating lots of good food, spending lots of quality time with my family and unpacking.

MBP_4383

I spent my second day blocking some Christmas presents and shawls I knitted in the past months, spent some time with friends and made Christmas presents.

MBP_4348

And of course a much needed cozy evening with the cats, lots of cookies and tea, a roaring fire in the fireplace, some knitting and TV :)

3 comments:

  1. Aaw, lovely! I hope your holidays were great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does "blocking Christmas presents" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. blocking means soaking knitted items in water + soap for about half an hour and then pinning them down and letting them dry. that way they'll keep the shape you form them into and the stitches look more even :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments - I enjoy reading every single one of them.

<3 Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...